Hiya everybody! Dragonstorm here with the latest scoop on what's happening and why she's been so absent.
1. Work! I've been at basically full time work in the architecture industry for the past 4 months, and that has been taking up - of course - plenty of time. The thing about work I found is that while it's interesting, it sucked out my desire to draw at all. I've been slowly rebuilding myself, finding snippets of time to doodle and work before/during/after, but most of the time I've found myself absorbed in making props.
2. Props! Due to connections in the LARP community I've found myself spending more and more time manufacturing boffers and larp props for various events. Besides the point my own costumes, of course. Crafting is amazing, I love learning new techniques and applying them to make crazier and more intricate products. I've been informed about the idea of selling fursuit blanks by my friend
and have gotten some attention in the making of skull masks (a wolf skull mask is in progress!). I'm excited to share the results with you all.
3. Art commissions are now closed indefinitely. Art for me takes a great deal of time to make, and unlike propwork (for me), it needs a certain mindset that has only recently been resurfaced. That being said, I'll still put up any art I make (I can't stop drawing after all) but it'll mostly be my own work, gifts, and such.
4. I got a new page going! www.facebook.com/DragonstormSt…
; If you have facebook, feel free to follow. Here is a summary of how I'll be using all my existing pages:
Dragonstormstudio.com - All finished products (anything I make!)
Facebook Dragonstorm Studios - Primarily propwork, finished products and sketches, WIPs and plans for future works
Deviantart (DragonstormStudios) - Finished products like art and costumes
Furaffinity - All finished products, props and art and costumes
5. Recently I learned of a Fur con I can reach called Furnal Equinox! furnalequinox.com/
I've done Artist Alleys before, but for big, non-exclusively furry conventions. This would be my first time trying something out like this. Have you guys attended Fur Cons before? What kind of merchandise was on sale? Do you have any advice or experience? Also, I noticed there would be an art show at Furnal Equinox as well - that means I can try selling my original work
So how has everybody been doing?